Central VA Sports Event
Heart of Virginia Corporate Cup
Thu · October 10, 2019 · 2PM
On October 10th, 2019 the Central Virginia Sports Commission will engage the regional business community in the inaugural Heart of Virginia Corporate Cup. Companies will participate in several athletic and social events over two days that is part of a larger challenge that promotes health/fitness, social camaraderie, and company pride in the spirit of friendly competition.
• The Corporate Cup is a health and fitness challenge to regional companies, small businesses, and corporations representing the City of Lynchburg, Bedford County, Amherst County, Campbell County, and Appomattox County. This event will feature teams from different organizations competing in several feature events.
• The emphasis is on participation of all segments of a company or organization. All employees…males and females of all ages and levels of fitness and athletic ability…are encouraged to participate.
• The Corporate Cup serves as a common ground for small and large companies including governmental, educational and professional organizations to meet in friendly competition.
• The purpose is to develop a collaboration of regional business leaders working together to make our communities and companies happier, healthier places to live and to work.
• The Corporate Cup will also engage the business community in charitable giving by incorporating a charity challenge as part of the overall competition.
• To encourage employee health and fitness.
• To promote networking among the business community
• To build a sense of company spirit.
• To foster teamwork and fun through maximum participation.
• To promote community awareness and participation.
• To engage community involvement and giving
The event is open to all central Virginia region businesses, big and small. Companies will register and compete based on how many employees are in their organization. The breakdown looks like this:
• Small Business Division (1 to 50 employees) – $300 (Up to 10 people per team)
• Medium Business Division (51 to 249 employees) – $400 (Up to 12 people per team)
• Large Business Division (250 or more employees) – $500 (Up to 14 people per team)
***Please note that if your business has less than 10 employees you are allowed to combine employees with other small businesses to form a team and participate***
Each team entry receives:
• Entry into 5 competitive events
• Entry into all participatory events
• T-shirt for each team member
• Entry for each team member into the event kick-off party
• Wristband for drink discounts and food specials at select restaurants during event weekend
• Several networking and social opportunities to build business and personal relationships
• Opportunity to challenge fellow employees and businesses in setting an example in the community for physical fitness and healthy habits
• Company logo, website, social media promo opportunities prior to and during event
• Opportunity to share in and challenge fellow businesses at giving back through charity
• Opportunity to win the Heart of Virginia Corporate Cup and bragging rights among the business community
COMPETITION EVENTS PARTICIPATION BASED EVENTS
Axe Throwing Cornhole 1 Mile Walk/Run
Wiffle Ball HR Derby Archery Tag T-Shirt Contest
Executive Relay Punt, Pass, Kick Volunteer Project
Dodgeball Tug A War Charity Challenge
Soccer Darts Sack Race Team Spirit
***Activity schedule, rules, and regulations will be announced soon***